On behalf of the newly re-organized Saint Anthony Choir, I welcome you to our parish!
Our choir has re-appeared on the scene in 2007 with many returning veterans and a host of new members eager to sing praises to God.
Participating in divine worship services as choir members is a sacred responsibility, not to be taken lightly. Choir members, as other church musicians, offer their God-given talents to the faith for a variety of reasons. For most, it is a part of their stewardship ( the giving of their “time and talents.”)
For others, it is something that is enjoyed and for still others, it is a social outlet. In Orthodox services, choir members represent the laity, responding to the liturgical dialogues set by the priest. This places a sacred responsibility on them during our worship services. They are called to be knowledgeable not only of the hymns and responses, but also about the correct order of the worship services. The choir is entrusted to be a participating part of the worship services and its members must respond to that trust accordingly.
Our group is made up of dedicated parishioners, young and old, with varying degrees of musical experience, and numbering as many as twenty-five members.
We are all on an enjoyable “learning curve” and meet for rehearsal on Thursday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30 PM in the choir loft of the church. We welcome your interest and participation in our group!
Please contact Jim Hronas through the church office at (626) 449-6943 for more information.
Come Sing With Us!!
- A Post-Paschal Message
- Springs Fire In California Threatens Homes Of Camarillo Parishioners
- Metropolis Summer Camp 2013 Financial Assistance Available
- Metropolis of San Francisco Summer Camp 2013 Early Registration Extended
- Petition To White House For Assistance To Free Abducted Orthodox Hierarchs In Syria
- Paschal Encyclical 2013
- 2013 Holy Week Schedule for Archimandrite Apostolos Koufallakis, Chancellor
- First Retreat for Health Care Professionals Hosted by Metropolis of San Francisco
- His Beatitude Archbishop Ieronymos of Athens and All Greece Receives Honorary Doctorate from Holy Cross School of Theology
- Address of His Beatitude Ieronymos at the Graduation Ceremony of Hellenic College and Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology
- Primate of the Church of Greece Meets with Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and Visits Harvard University
- Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Opens Seminar on Religious Freedom Celebrating the 1700th Anniversary of the Edict of Milan
- Archbishop Ieronymos Makes Emotional Visit and Lays Wreath at the Site of the Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack
- The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Welcomes With Respect, Honor and Love the Archbishop of Athens and All Greece, Ieronymos II
- Schedule of His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios for May 15-22, 2013
- His All-Holiness offers Easter message on The Huffington Post
- His All-Holiness in Imvros for Holy Week and Pascha
- His All-Holiness addresses Pope Francis at the Vatican
- The Extraordinary Historical Significance of Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew's Presence at Pope Francis' Installation as Bishop of Rome
- His All-Holiness meets privately with Pope Francis and represents religious communities at papal reception
- His All-Holiness attends papal inaugural mass