A follower of our Lord
“The myrrh-bearing women, coming very early at dawn sprinkling the tomb with myrrh.”
- A Myrrh Bearer should be eight years old.
- Attends Saint Anthony religious education program
- Attend Myrrh Bearers practices
- Commit to be active in the life of the church.
Duties of a Myrrh Bearer
- Be a prayer pal for each other.
- Mentor future Myrrh Bearers by teaching the eighteenth lamentation stanza.
- Help in the narthex at least once a year.
- Organize a community outreach.
- Serve or provide dessert for Union Station Homeless Services at least once during the year.
- When needed, help organize the narthex, nave, and solea.
- Help during Great Lent and Holy Week.
- Help in a Sunday school class at least once a year and begin receiving training to become a future teacher of religious education.
- Organize and serve during coffee following Divine Liturgy.
- Attend Divine Liturgy as a group and receive Holy Communion.
- Meet on the third Sunday after Pascha, the Sunday of the Myrrh Bearing Women, and share experiences during Great Lent.
- Myrrh Bearers will tentatively meet at least once a month to discuss future outreach projects, with a special activity.